BACK-COUNTRY TRAIL RESOURCES
- 25 Ski Tours in the Adirondacks, Almy and Anne Coggeshall, New Hampshire Publishing Company, 1979.
- Adirondack Cross-Country Skiing, Dennis Conroy, Backcountry Publications, 1992.
- Backcountry Skiing Adventures: Vermont & New York, David Goodman, Appalachian Mountain Club Books, 2001.
- Classic Adirondack Ski Tours, Tony Goodwin, Adirondack Mountain Club, 1994.
- ECOS Ski and Snowshoe Tips, Environmental Clearinghouse of Schenectady, 2011.
- Northern Adirondack Ski Tours, Tony Goodwin, Adirondack Mountain Club, 1981.
- Ski and Snowshoe Trails in the Adirondacks, Tony Goodwin, Adirondack Mountain Club, 2003.
- Winter Trails New York, Johanna and Ron Farra, Globe Pequot Press, 2000.
The Adirondack Explorer (subscription) and Adirondack Sports and Fitness (free) publications cover backcountry ski outings during their winter monthly issues. Past coverage is available from the web sites of these publications (subscribers only for AE). Back issue AS&F coverage is not more current than October, 2009, although the most recent (current) issue is available in electronic (PDF) form.