2019/20 Season Bus Trips:
- January 4 – Mt. Van Hoevenberg
- Lake Placid, New York
- January 25 – Garnet Hill Outdoor Center
- North Creek, New York
- February 1 – Mountain Top
- Chittenden, Vermont
- March 7 – Viking Nordic Center
- Londonderry, Vermont
Sign ups are open! Email Carole Baumes at email@example.com and send in your check to guarantee your spot.
The dates and destinations of CASTA Saturday bus trips are determined by the CASTA leadership team. Generally, four trips a year are planned in addition to (and not in conflict with) the other CASTA trips.
The cost of each trip is determined by the bus company based largely on the distance of the destination. In an effort to keep member costs to a minimum, the CASTA leadership team works closely with the bus company throughout the season. This year we will be using a smaller bus to save money. Thus, it is imperative that members understand bus trip protocol.
While destinations are pre-determined, the CASTA membership team strives to provide the best skiing possible. If the skiing is not optimal at the chosen destination, trips will be shifted to a destination that has good skiing. So, there is no need to worry that you will be paying for bad skiing. If no destination has good skiing, the trip will be rescheduled or cancelled.
Bus Trip Sign Up:
- All trips are on a first come, first served basis.
- Sign-up sheets will be available at the first monthly meeting and an email will be sent for those who were not able to attend the meeting.
- Signing up for a trip must be done ten days prior to the date of the trip. This helps us know we have enough people planning on going to make the bus feasible. Otherwise, the club may be liable for the bus cost.
- Once you sign up, you must send in your money for the bus to the treasurer within seven days to secure your seat. Otherwise, it will not be held.
Bus Trip Fees:
Fees are currently $17 for adults and $8.50 for anyone 17 years and under. For longer distance buses, there is an added $5 charge to cover the longer mileage (the fees for trip to the Cascade Center in Lake Placid this year are $22 for adults and $13.50 for youths). Checks for bus trips must be made out to “CASTA” and mailed directly to Carole Baumes, or given to her at a monthly meeting.
In advance of the trip, the bus coordinator for that trip will notify the group what the trail fees are per person. Please have the exact cash amount of the fee to give the bus coordinator on the day of the trip.
- Buses depart the Yankee Trails depot in Rensselaer at 7:30 am.
- For trips to the north involving travel on I-87 we make two additional pick-ups. The first is the Exit 8 park and ride lot at about 7:50 am. The second pick-up is at the Warren County government center parking lot on Route 9 just south of Exit 20 at about 8:45 am.
- For trips to the east, including Vermont, there is one additional pick-up at the park and ride lot on Hoosick Road/Route 7 at the Brunswick Plaza (Walmart) at about 7:50 am.